Itasca Hospice Foundation fulfills its mission by providing for the unmet needs of hospice patients, their families and the hospice staff that Essentia Health Itasca Hospice cannot provide due to restrictions or that fall outside their ability to provide. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Special needs for families not covered elsewhere such as airplane tickets for loved ones, and medications and equipment not covered by Medicare.
- Educational materials for individuals and families.
- Monthly grief support groups – Itasca Hospice and Itasca Hospice Foundation are the only organizations in Itasca County that offer ongoing grief counseling and bereavement support for patients, their families and the community at large.
- Annual memorial services for Deer River, Bigfork and Grand Rapids residents who have lost a loved one while receiving hospice care.
- Crisis consultation to schools, businesses and others.
- Public Relations.
- Training for professional and volunteer staff.
- Recognition of staff and programs.